FDI, electronic engineering and cryptography expert
FDI is a creator and manufacturer of electronic equipment for access control, intercom and home automation systems, and masters 3 key areas of expertise, as such, ensuring every project is brought to a successful conclusion:
- Research, development and electronic engineering
- Industrializing access control, intercom and IoT/home automation systems
- Producing electronic assemblies and sub-assemblies (EMS) 4.0
FDI designs its products in-house through its electronic design and research and development office boasting some 70 engineers. FDI is also an expert in industrializing and in manufacturing (EMS) each product and remains forever true to its key goals:
- To manage and optimize product lifecycles
- To reduce the environmental footprint of its products
- To ensure optimal levels of reliability and performance
- To ensure product traceability
Research and development, a dedicated electronic design office
To be constantly at the cutting edge of innovation, FDI invests in its R&D department every year. The electronic design office works on all access control and intercom systems as well as micro-modules for home automation and IoT.
The electronic design office works on all access control and intercom systems as well as micro-modules for home automation and IoT.
Designing electronic circuits
Software embedded in electronic circuits
Development of web software and mobile apps
Cloud, back-end, web, mobile systems and PC apps
State-of-the-art product watch and development
Each electronic engineering area carries out technical watch on all projects where a significant part is devoted to research and innovation. The areas of expertise that FDI masters enable it to bring all electronic engineering projects to successful completion and to take action throughout the product lifecycle:
Industrializingyour access control, intercom and/or IoT system
FDI masters the industrialization of electronic assemblies designed to be integrated in access control, intercom, proximity reading and IoT products.
Thanks to FDI teams’ expertise and continuous training, the Company is able to tailor each plan to industrial processes, draft specifications and define the standards applicable to each product based on its use and technologies.
FDI always works hand-in-hand with frontline local and international partners. FDI’s suppliers are also chosen with great care to ensure every project is brought to successful completion.
FDI ensures that each product is reviewed by the mechanical design office between its industrialization and production phases.
And, last but not least, FDI aims to meet functional andin situ test requirements for each access control, intercom, home automation/IoT system.
Producing EMS 4.0
FDI’s production team, established in Cholet, totals some 60 people, working in a 4,000 m² area dedicated to storage and production.
Our machine pool
FDI boasts state-of-the-art production tools enabling it to install and braze over 100 million components from 3,000 different component references per year:
- 3 latest-generation SMC (Surface Mounted Components) lines from MYCRONIC (6 installation machines);
- 3 DEK screen printing machines with automatic soldering paste thickness inspection;
- 3 energy-efficient 13-zone melting furnaces;
- 1 2D AOI machine;
- 2 CNC milling machines for machining and engraving plastics, aluminium and brass;
- 1 YAG (Rofin Basel) laser marking machine;
- 1 SOLTEC 8-zone reflow soldering furnace for glue brazing and polymerization;
- 1 FAI inspector machine (automatic optical inspection of components by image comparison).
Our teams are also able to carry out manual soldering based on electronic circuit needs. FDI equipment and its know-how means it can:
- Install housing up to 0.1 mm by 0.05 mm BGA at 0.4 mm pitch
- Measure the value of discrete components
- Analyse mounted components by video
- Trace mounted components and finished products
- Automate testing
FDI renews its installation machines every 5 years to remain at the cutting edge of technology and manages the 3,000 SMC references dedicated to its business sector.
RoHS-compliant annual electronic production
FDI’s manufacturing process complies with the RoHS Directive that, in particular, deals with the elimination of lead from soldering.
Every year, FDI produces over: 1.4 million RFID keys and HF remote controls, 40,000 access controllers, 55,000 RFID key readers and HF receivers, 13,000 intercom panels, 12,000 keypads and 800,000 micro-modules.
Test benches for reliable access control, intercom and IoT solutions
Functional checks are carried out on dedicated test benches specific to each industrialized product. FDI also uses X-ray screening to test and validate its products and has developed dedicated testing software: LABVIEW.