The Wiegand/RS485 P80 proximity reader is a bi-protocol key reader.
Thanks to a switch, it switches from Wiegand open protocol to FDI secure, proprietary protocol.
By default, this reader only processes FDI secure Mifare® Plus keys/passes (GB-010-200). It has a 58-bit Wiegand output.
Its behaviour and its output format can be modified by encoding on the settings tool, then showing a configuration key/pass to the reader.
With its up-to-the-minute design, it can be easily integrated in your commercial and residential projects. In addition to Mifare® RFID technology, this key/pass reader offers the opportunity to work with Bluetooth virtual credentials.
- High security and easy installation with the RS485 output based on mode used
- Wiegand open protocol via the mode switch
- Mifare® Classic and Mifare® Plus proximity reader (AES 128 bit encryption)
- All Mifare® (light, Classic, Plus and Desfire) can be read for an optional charge
- Secure Bluetooth read technology for access with virtual credentials (RS485 only)
- Integrated LEDs
- Surface-mounted with terminal output – IP65 (provided installation instructions are complied with)
- Firmware updated online and remotely (RS485 only)
The P80 RFID reader draws its power supply from the FDI access controller.
The proximity reader is connected via 5 wires (RS485) and up to 8 wires (Wiegand).
In RS485 mode, communication is two-way and permanent with the iPassan access controller LPU. The controller is real-time aware if the reader is connected.
P80 proximity reader firmware can be updated via iPassan Manager software in RS485 mode.
Operating voltage: 12V supplied by the controller
- Wiegand outputs: Up to 8 wires (including the 2 power supply wires)
- RS485 output: 5 wires (including the 2 power supply wires)
- Max. cable length: 100 m – 8/10 AWG20 // 1,000 m – 6/10 AWG24 RS485 (local power supply)
- Frequency: 13.56 MHz (Mifare® Classic, Mifare® Plus and DESFire) + Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Mifare® Classic: Up to 40 mm
- BLE : based on mode and settings
- 3 colors
- Managed via the controller software
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 60°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Humidity : 85 RH max.
- Protection rating: IK10
- Waterproof rating: IP65
- Size(L x l x H): 90 mm x 85 mm x 25 mm
- Weight: 85g