The FD-020-233 reader is specially designed for Urmet Elekta Steel door entry panel systems. It has two output protocols. Thanks to a switch, the output switches from Wiegand to RS485.
The RS485 mode is specially developed for iPassan and increases the reader-controller distance to 1,000 m compared to 100 m for Wiegand.
In Wiegand mode, the reader is compatible with a wide array of controllers on the market.
Key/reader security is optimal as FDI Mifare® Plus keys are used. These keys boast production-encoded AES 128 bit security that the Alpha reader checks when reading the key.
Finally, this reader is totally configurable via the web portal https://partner.fdimatelec.com/
The Wiegand output format, the LED behaviour as well as the type and security of the keys/passes to manage is defined on the screen and then encoded in a configuration key/pass that is also secure.
When this configuration key is shown to the reader, the reader integrates the new settings.
- Reader compatible with FDI Mifare® Classic and Mifare® Plus (AES 128 bit encryption)
- Configurable Wiegand protocol
- Integrated LEDs and buzzer
- Firmware can be updated remotely in RS485 mode
The Elekta Steel reader draws its power supply from the FDI access controller.
In RS485 mode, the reader two-way communicates permanently (FDI protocol) with the iPassan controller. As such, the controller is real-time aware if the reader is connected as well as its status.
In Wiegand mode, the reader sends a frame to the connected controller as soon as a recognized key/pass is presented.
Wiegand / RS485 Elekta Steel reader firmware can be updated via iPassan Manager software (RS485 mode only).
Operating voltage: 12V supplied by the controller via the 2 wires
- Wiegand output: up to 8 wires
- Max. cable length: 100 metres via Wiegand / 1,000 metres via RS485
- Frequency: 13.56 MHz (Mifare® Classic and Mifare® Plus)
- Mifare® Classic: up to 30 mm depending on the key/pass
- Mifare® Plus: up to 20 mm depending on the key/pass
- 3 colors: blue, red and green.
- Behaviour adjustable via iPassan Manager
- Operating: -20°C to 50°C
- Storage: -20°C to 70°C
- Humidity : 85 RH max
- Size (L x l x H): 45 mm x 70 mm x 15 mm
- Weight: 55g