FDI launches its new 2-wire reader bus to 3-wire central bus interface. This interface allows the new generation of FDI readers to be connected to an existing access control system in place of older FDI surface or vandal resistant readers.
The mission of this product :
- Enable the replacement of existing 3-wire readers with MIFARE Plus® compatible 2-wire readers,
- Making the Passan access control system non-copiable
- Switch from MIFARE Classic® to MIFARE Plus® badges using the interface jumper which allows migration and banning of old badges and their clones,
- Anticipate a future migration to the iPassan access control system.
Why was the B2F/B3F Interface created?
The B2F/B3F interface has been designed to allow the use of 2-Smart readers on older Passan units. Thus, it allows the use of non-clonable MIFARE Plus® FDI badges.
Therefore, Passan control units do not need to be changed when replacing existing readers.
How does the interface work?
When changing readers in an access control system, the associated badges can use MIFARE Plus® technology against MIFARE Classic® for older readers.
To enable the management of both technologies, the interface includes a jumper that allows the management of MIFARE Classic® badges until all residents have the new MIFARE Plus® badges.
After migration, MIFARE Classic® badges will no longer be managed to ensure the highest level of security.
How to install the Interface ?
The interface can be mounted anywhere between the reader and the control unit. It is best to place it near the power station. This is because, as part of the potential replacement of the control unit, it will be easier to wire the two wires from the reader to the new control unit.
A jumper integrated into the interface allows the reading of MIFARE Classic® badges to be activated or not :
- The left jumper can process all MIFARE Classic® and MIFARE Plus® badges
- The right-hand trigger guard only handles MIFARE Plus® badges
Which products are compatible with the interface?
- Passan controller
- 2Smart Series Readers (P40, P80, PK80 & OEM)
- All 13.56 FDI MIFARE Classic® & MIFARE Plus® keys or cards
- 433/868Mhz receivers